To move Wordpress website to new domain take care of few things before starting the process.
• Download Cpanel Backup
• Download SQL Backup
• Download Website Backup (public_html)
• Domain transferred successfully.
• Copy paste your source code.
To Transfer Wordpress Website we will use website backup and SQL backup only but on the safer side, I would recommend you to download Cpanel backup also.
So, to copy a WordPress site from one domain to another read the following steps:
1. Setup your Cpanel on Non-WordPress website. You just need basic files in your public_html
2. Create a zip file of your download public_html and upload it to the server and extract it.
3. Now, set up a database of any name you like in your Cpanel.
4. You must have Database Name, User Name and User Password with you.
5. In the uploaded file, in the root directory search for “config.php” and open it. Change Database Name (define('DB_NAME', 'db_name');), Username (define('DB_USER', 'db_user');) and password (define('DB_PASSWORD', 'db_pass');). In the 4th point, you create that database. Use its credentials here.
6. Upload your MySQL Database after renaming the file name with the new database name.
7. If you don’t have a child theme, it is possible some files like CSS will break. So, in that case, you have to link it again. For that, I suggested you copy source code as I mentioned above. Use that code to find the missing files.
8. Now your website is live.