How to migrate Wordpress site manually?Amrit Pal Singh 14-02-2018 Website Website Development, WordPress
To move Wordpress website to new domain take care of few things before starting the process.
• Download Cpanel Backup
• Download SQL Backup
• Download Website Backup (public_html)
• Domain transferred successfully.
• Copy paste your source code.
To Transfer Wordpress Website we will use website backup and SQL backup only but on the safer side, I would recommend you to download Cpanel backup also.
So, to copy a WordPress site from one domain to another read the following steps:
1. Setup your Cpanel on Non-WordPress website. You just need basic files in your public_html
2. Create a zip file of your download public_html and upload it to the server and extract it.
3. Now, set up a database of any name you like in your Cpanel.
4. You must have Database Name, User Name and User Password with you.
5. In the uploaded file, in the root directory search for “config.php” and open it. Change Database Name (define('DB_NAME', 'db_name');), Username (define('DB_USER', 'db_user');) and password (define('DB_PASSWORD', 'db_pass');). In the 4th point, you create that database. Use its credentials here.
6. Upload your MySQL Database after renaming the file name with the new database name.
7. If you don’t have a child theme, it is possible some files like CSS will break. So, in that case, you have to link it again. For that, I suggested you copy source code as I mentioned above. Use that code to find the missing files.
8. Now your website is live.
Unable to open WP-admin?
Open Cpanel > File Manager > themes > Your Theme > wp-admin > plugins
You have all the plugin in your downloaded file to remove all the plugin from server directory and try opening your wp-admin. 99% you will be able to open it. After you open it. Upload each plugin individually. It is possible that due to some plugin your wp-admin can't load.
Want to transfer your WordPress website and use some other domain?
After completing the above process open PHPMyAdmin
Table name : wp_options
There you need to changeurl in option name = “siteurl” and “home”
Are Links broken after your transferred your WordPress website?
Don’t worry, this happens sometimes. Now you have to open pages, click on edit and check what link is displayed under the title. If the link is correct, open it and just update it.
Clear cache and refresh it. Your problem will be resolved.